Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 47

Thread: Guess what time it is

  1. #11
    Inactive Member BlueWahooChambordDevil's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 30th, 2007
    Posts
    7,204
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Guess what time it is

    <div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: yankeebaseball</div><div class="ubbcode-body">its dryland fish. </div></div>
    its what???
    [img]http://inlinethumb10.webshots.com/5577/2061259960091622927S425x425Q85.jpg[/img]
    [img]http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_6s6CdLQRCP0/SREpSZXb99I/AAAAAAAAATU/3O3G-P2Jqkc/s400/tombstone.jpg[/img]

  2. #12
    Inactive Member MikeJones's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 8th, 2007
    Posts
    3,888
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Guess what time it is

    A morel
    GO VOLS

  3. #13
    Inactive Member the_alienist's Avatar
    Join Date
    February 8th, 2006
    Posts
    597
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Guess what time it is

    Morels, are similar to truffles. They are considered delicacies and many french resturants pay high prices for small amounts of them.

    Here in the Appalachian mountains, they are found in damp, wooded areas. Most often under decidious trees. Many people hunt them and either sell them or prepare them as a meal.

    A lot of the reason that they are called "dryland fish" is due to the fishy taste that many of the mushrooms have when fried. There are many recipes on how to cook them, but the most popular would be coated in an egg wash, rolled in corn meal flour, and then fried in hot oil. They are very delicious.

    If you like fried mushrooms, this is something that is great. If I happen to find some this year, I might mail you some, if you are interested in trying them.

    Here is a great website that has several links and some info about morels.
    The Great Morel
    I make Machiavelli look like a weenie.

  4. #14
    Inactive Member BlueWahooChambordDevil's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 30th, 2007
    Posts
    7,204
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Guess what time it is

    not a fan of mushrooms......well those mushrooms anyway
    [img]http://inlinethumb10.webshots.com/5577/2061259960091622927S425x425Q85.jpg[/img]
    [img]http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_6s6CdLQRCP0/SREpSZXb99I/AAAAAAAAATU/3O3G-P2Jqkc/s400/tombstone.jpg[/img]

  5. #15
    Inactive Member the_alienist's Avatar
    Join Date
    February 8th, 2006
    Posts
    597
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Guess what time it is

    It is an acquired taste....but they do taste similar to sauteed mushrooms, when fixed correctly.
    I make Machiavelli look like a weenie.

  6. #16
    Inactive Member MikeJones's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 8th, 2007
    Posts
    3,888
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Guess what time it is

    I love to fry them and get a can of mixed pickles and fry them too and eat em with soup beans and cornbread. One of my favorite meals. Also love fried oysters when I dont have any dry land fish.
    GO VOLS

  7. #17
    Inactive Member 1inStripes's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 25th, 2002
    Posts
    12,052
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Guess what time it is

    They are also pretty good in with scrambled eggs. But their hard to beat just frying them up, and slapping a little mayo on two pieces of bread and having a dryland fish po boy. [img]/LDPforum/ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif[/img]
    "Call me crazy, but I want to buy the Dallas Cowboys end zone and have the star right at the foot of my bed. That way when I score, I can spike the ball right on the star!" -Woody Paige, Around the Horn 10.9.08

  8. #18
    Inactive Member centennialdawg's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 10th, 2003
    Posts
    3,263
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Guess what time it is

    I like them fried with tater skins and onions. I just am not able to go out and get any this year, with my legs being in the shape they are in. It is a shame, I would really love to have some.

  9. #19
    Inactive Member MikeJones's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 8th, 2007
    Posts
    3,888
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Guess what time it is

    Has anybody found anymore?
    GO VOLS

  10. #20
    Inactive Member imported_elp6n's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 31st, 2004
    Posts
    5,510
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Guess what time it is

    Dad and I are aiming for a Sunday hunt.
    You'll shoot your eye out.

    [img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v635/elp6n/santa.jpg[/img]

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •